Total Pageviews

Friday, June 7, 2013

Annmarie Goyzueta on Study Abroad: DO IT


Annmarie Goyzueta ('14) is a Business Marketing major at the University of Hartford.  This past spring, Annmarie spent a semester abroad studying at the University of Barcelona in Spain.  Below, Annmarie offers advice to any UHA students thinking about studying abroad.


Book your plane ticket and go.  Studying abroad is the best decision I have ever made.  No superlative can even begin to describe how truly amazing the experience is.  

I went to Barcelona not knowing a single person from UHA that was going or a single person in my program... and somehow I came home with friends for life.  Granted, financially it might be difficult, because at least in my case, the Euro and I did not exactly have the best relationship. But in the end, it is more than worth it. 

Perhaps you are unsure of leaving your friends and family behind for a semester or two?  The good news is that they will be here when you get back.  If studying abroad is something you feel passionately about, I say: do it.  I promise you that your loved ones back home will understand and if you get homesick, no worries, Skype and FaceTime will come in handy.   

If you are simply considering studying abroad as a possibility, I feel that you should research the city, country, and surrounding region a little more and see if you can picture yourself there.  I know that once I read up on Barcelona there was not a single doubt in my mind that I did not belong there.   



Continue on to the next post to read about Annmarie's love for soccer and a favorite memory that resulted from a special twist of fate....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.